Google+

Friday, September 20, 2013

Finished Object Fridays a.k.a. FO In Knit Lingo

I normally do not knit from patterns written by other people.   Not that I don't like design by others, oh no.  I just seem to have one of my own designs on the brain or on the go that will not let me have the joy of just following a knitting pattern.  Well, I took a well deserved time-out from designing (had a designer "how could I have made such a stupid mistake" moment, but I'll tell you about that latter when it is not so raw) and decided to participate in the Ravelry group Rocking Kitchen Knit-a-Long.  The theme is Halloween.  You had to knit one of Joeli or Ruth's special patterns for the KAL in a Fall/Halloween kind of color.  So, here is my contribution!

This is Joeli's Candy Corn Mitts pattern.  Very easy to follow top to cuff mitt and they knit up super fast.  Of course, me being me, I did not completely follow the instructions; I chose to cast-on a cuff and Kitchener stitch it to my mitt.  All 50 stitches per mitt.  That's a lot of Kitchener stitching!  Why did I do this?  I love Yslolda's version of the long-tail cast-on.  It makes a very professional, very stretchy edge.  I just had to have it for the cuff!  Plus, I did not have access to the internet at the time I was about to do the cuff on the first mitt to find a bind off that mimics the attributes that I love so much with this type of cast on.  Ah, the perfectionist in me! 

2 comments :

  1. Those are super cute and look super warm and fall-ish. Great job :) I like the cuffs btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Today was the first day I could actually wear them and I forgot them at home. :P Ah well, they will have to move into my purse. That way, I'll have them at hand for those chilly Canadian mornings driving kids to school.

      Delete